ABOUT THE COURSE
- FULLY FUNDED / FREE training in Event Production.
- 12 week course to develop real-world skills through real-world practice, running from October 2023 - January 2024.
- Guest speakers from cutting edge productions.
- Access to world-leading facilities used by the likes of Pink, Metallica, The Killers, Netflix, Amazon & ITV.
- During this part-time 5-week course, you’ll be introduced to the fundamentals of many aspects of a Live Event Production. You’ll develop the skills and know-how that you can use right away in your current work or help you kickstart your creative career.
A 12-week, event production focused course enabling participants to work hands on with equipment and digital technologies used in the live events world. During the course, participants will be trained by experienced professionals to deliver a high level of training. By the end of the course, participants will have been trained in best practice within the core aspects of a live event, such as video, sound, lighting, rigging, and staging, giving them skills to be able to work safely and effectively within an event team environment.
This course is perfect for you if:
- You work in live events, TV or film and want to be able to upskill for your future career.
- You work in a different industry or sector but want to upskill and move into virtual production, live events, TV or film using the skills learned.
- You are currently unemployed or recently graduated and want to learn about the event production world.
- You are a working professional and want to develop your skills within, lighting, sound or other specialisms on the course.
To take part in this course, you must:
- Be aged 19 or over.
- Live or work in Calderdale
- Not be in full-time education or undertaking an apprenticeship at the time of joining.
- Not have previously undertaken a Skills Connect course since March 2023 this year.
Please note, you do not need any specific qualifications or experience, just an interest in learning more about the Live Events world.
When does the Skills Bootcamp start?
At the end of October, we will kickstart your Skills Bootcamp with an introduction session at Production Park. After the introduction session, you will then begin your 1 session per week, 12 week training course.
Where will in-person sessions take place?
Contact time will take place at Piece Hall in Calderdale, with some special practical activities at Production Park. As a campus where some of the greatest live experiences are created, you will have access to world-leading facilities and technologies in film, TV, virtual production, and live events.
Do I need to already work in Live Events?
Not at all! you don’t need to be an expert to join this course. Our team of industry experts will support you throughout, so you can be confident that you’ll gain the knowledge, insight, and skills that you can use right away or add to your CV.
How much does it cost?
Unemployed, self-employed or in part time education:
- The Skills Bootcamp is fully funded (£zero) for if you.
If you are employed, your employer will be asked to contribute towards the course fees:
- 10% for small and medium-sized enterprises (£300)
- 30% for large enterprises (£900)