ABOUT THE COURSE
- FULLY FUNDED / FREE training in Stage and Screen Rigging.
- 5 weeks to develop real-world skills through real-world practice, running October - November 2023.
- Guest speakers from cutting edge productions.
- During this part-time 5-week course, you’ll be introduced to Rigging fundamentals and many other aspects of Live Event & Screen Productions. You’ll develop the skills and know-how that you can use right away in your current work or help you kickstart your creative career.
A 5-week, event production focused course enabling students to work hands-on with rigging equipment and digital technologies used in the screen and live events industry. During the course, students will be trained by experienced professionals with years of real industry experience. By the end of the course, learners will have been trained in best practice within the core aspects of a rigging, enabling them with the skills to be able to work safely and effectively within a team environment.
This course is perfect for you if:
- You work in live events, TV or film and want to be able to upskill for your future career.
- You work in a different industry or sector but want to upskill and move into virtual production, live events, TV or film using the skills learned.
- You are currently unemployed or recently graduated and want to learn about the event production world.
- You are a working professional and want to develop your skills within, lighting, sound or other specialisms on the course.
To take part in this course, you must:
- Be aged 19 or over.
- Be based in the south of England
- Not be in full-time education or undertaking an apprenticeship at the time of joining.
- Not have previously undertaken a Skills Connect course this year.
Please note, you do not need any specific qualifications or experience, just an interest in learning more about the worlds of screen and stage.
When does the Skills Bootcamp start?
On Saturday 14th October, we will kickstart your Skills Bootcamp with an introduction session at Blitz. After the introduction session, you will then begin your 2 day per week, 5 week training course.
Where will in-person sessions take place?
Contact time will take place at Blitz, the home of Film & TV rigging in the UK.
Do I need to already work in Film & TV or Live Events?
Not at all! you don’t need to be an expert to join this course. Our team of industry experts will support you throughout, so you can be confident that you’ll gain the knowledge, insight, and skills that you can use right away or add to your CV.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
Unemployed, self-employed or in part time education:
- The Skills Bootcamp is fully funded (£zero) for if you.
If you are employed, your employer will be asked to contribute towards the course fees:
- 10% for small and medium-sized enterprises (£300)
- 30% for large enterprises (£900)
WHAT DO I DO NEXT?
Register your interest using the form below and we'll get in touch with further details.