ABOUT THE COURSE
- FULLY FUNDED / FREE training in Event Management.
- 5 weeks to develop real-world skills through real-world practice
- Guest speakers from cutting edge productions.
- Access to world-leading facilities used by the likes of Pink, Metallica, The Killers, Netflix, Amazon & ITV.
- During this part-time 5-week course, you’ll be introduced to the fundamentals of an Event Management plan and Event Management and develop the skills and know-how that you can use right away in your current work or help you kickstart your career.
- Three courses, over 3 months, you can join a course starting in:
- October 2023
- November 2023
- December 2023
A 5-week event management training course, focused on the leadership teams of a live event and their roles and responsibilities.
The outline principle of the course content:
- Introduction to Event Management
- Strategic Planning
- Sustainability Planning
- Stakeholder Planning
- Project and risk Management
- Financial Planning and Procurement
- Site Management Plans
- Communications & Credentials
- Marketing Strategy
- Health & Safety
- Professional Etiquette
This course is perfect for you if:
- You work in live events, TV or film and want to be able to learn and apply more managerial and project management skills in your future career.
- You work in a different industry or sector but want to upskill and move into virtual production, live events, TV, or film.
- You are currently unemployed or recently graduated and want to learn vital Event Management skills.
- You are a working professional and want to develop your skills.
To take part in this course, you must:
- Be aged 19 or over.
- Live in West Yorkshire (Bradford, Calderdale, Kirklees, Leeds, Wakefield).
- Not be in full-time education or undertaking an apprenticeship at the time of joining.
- Not have previously undertaken a Skills Connect course this year.
Please note, you do not need any specific qualifications or experience in event managment, just an interest in learning more about events and how to run them.
When does the Skills Bootcamp start?
On Saturday 7th October, we will kickstart your Skills Bootcamp with an introduction session at Production Park. After the introduction session, you will then begin your 2 day per week, 5 week training course.
Where will in-person sessions take place?
Contact time will take place at Production Park. As a campus where some of the greatest live experiences are created, you will have access to world-leading facilities and technologies in film, TV, virtual production, and live events.
Do I need to already work in the industry?
Not at all! you don’t need to be an expert to join this course. Our team of industry experts will support you throughout, so you can be confident that you’ll gain the knowledge, insight, and skills that you can use right away or add to your CV.
How much does it cost?
Unemployed, self-employed or in part time education:
The Skills Bootcamp is fully funded (£zero) for if you.
If you are employed, your employer will be asked to contribute towards the course fees:
10% for small and medium-sized enterprises (£300)
30% for large enterprises (£900)
What do I need to do next?
Register your interest using the form below and we'll get in touch with further details.