ABOUT THE COURSE
- FULLY FUNDED / FREE training in Unreal Engine
- Hands-on 5 week course (part time) running October-November 2023.
- Develop real-world skills through real-world practice
- Access to world-leading facilities used by the likes of Netflix, Amazon & ITV
- During this course, you’ll be introduced to the fundamentals of Unreal Engine and quickly develop skills, technical understanding and experience that you can use to kickstart your creative career.
- Face-face in person teaching with all the equipment provided.
A 5-week, Unreal Engine course aimed at getting you hands-on with a state-of-the-art game engine, used in the Gaming, Film and TV industry.
On this course you will be trained by experienced professionals who will give you a solid understanding of the engine's capabilities and game development techniques needed to bring your ideas to life.
By the end of the course you will be confident in a multitude of game-engine specific subject areas and have an advanced understanding of environment building, blueprint visual scripting, lighting and materials.
COURSE CONTENT OUTLINE
- The basics of Unreal Engine and applications in Game Design, VFX, Virtual Production and Immersive Events
- Level design
- Lighting in Unreal Engine
- Cinematics and Camera
- Game mechanics
- Blueprint visual scripting
- UI Widgets
- Project development
This course is perfect for you if:
- You work in live events, TV & film and want to be able to learn and apply Unreal Engine skills in your future career.
- You work in a different industry or sector but want to upskill and move into virtual production, live events, TV & film or Game Design.
- You are currently unemployed or recently graduated and want to learn Unreal Engine.
- You are a working professional and want to develop your skills with Unreal Engine.
To take part in this course, you must:
· Be aged 19 or over.
· Live in West Yorkshire (Bradford, Calderdale, Kirklees, Leeds, Wakefield).
· Not be in full-time education or undertaking an apprenticeship at the time of joining.
· Not have previously undertaken a Skills Connect course this year.
Please note, you do not need any specific qualifications or experience in Unreal Engine, just an interest in learning more about Virtual Production, Gaming or VFX.
When does the Skills Bootcamp start?
On Saturday 7th October, we will kickstart your Skills Bootcamp with an introduction session at Production Park. After the introduction session, you will then begin your 2 day per week, 5-week training course.
Where will in-person sessions take place?
Contact time will take place at Production Park. As a campus where some of the greatest live experiences are created, you will have access to world-leading facilities and technologies in film, TV, virtual production, and live events.
Do I need to already work in Game Design or with Unreal?
Not at all! you don’t need to be an expert to join this course. Our team of industry experts will support you throughout, so you can be confident that you’ll gain the knowledge, insight, and skills that you can use right away or add to your CV.
How much does it cost?
Unemployed, self-employed or in part time education:
- The Skills Bootcamp is fully funded (£zero)
If you are employed, your employer will be asked to contribute towards the course fees:
- 10% for small and medium-sized enterprises (£300)
- 30% for large enterprises (£900)
What do I need to do next?
Register your interest using the form below and we'll get in touch with further details.